OSHA 10-HOUR GENERAL INDUSTRY
OSHA 10-HR GENERAL INDUSTRY
10-Hour Construction Industry – Designated Training Topics. This training program is intended to provide entry level construction workers information about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards on a construction site. The training covers a variety of construction safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter at a construction site. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control, and prevention, not OSHA standards.
Mandatory - 7 hours
Introduction to OSHA – 1 hour.
(1) Covers workers' rights, employer responsibilities and how to file a complaint. It includes helpful worker safety and health resources. It also provides samples of a weekly fatality and catastrophe report, safety data sheet and the OSHA Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (OSHA Form 300).
(2) Materials include an Instructor Guide, PowerPoint slides, student handouts, and participatory activities.
OSHA Focus Four Hazards – 4 hours. Because most construction fatalities are caused by fall hazards, falls must be covered for a minimum of one hour and 30 minutes. The remaining three Focus Four Hazard topics must be covered for a minimum of one-half hour each.
(1) Falls (minimum one hour and 30 minutes)
(3) Struck-By (e.g., falling objects, trucks, cranes)
(4) Caught-In or Between (e.g., trench hazards, equipment)
Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – 30 minutes.
Health Hazards in Construction – 30 minutes. May teach noise, hazard communication, and crystalline silica or any other construction health hazard.
2. Elective - 2 hours. Must present at least two hours of training on the following topics. At least two topics must be presented. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
a) Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, and Conveyors
c) Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal
e) Stairways and Ladders
f) Tools - Hand and Power
3. Optional - 2 hours. Teach other construction industry hazards or policies and/or expand on the mandatory or elective topics. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
You also have the option to choose a topic from the construction industry such as Excavation, Cranes & Derricks, scaffolds…