FIRE PREVENTION/EXTINGUISHER TRAINING
200 people die and 5,000 are hurt annuallyin workplace fires and explosions.How would you react to a fire alarm, Do you know your role if there was a major chemical spill with combustible liquids? Employees that will be working as a Fire watch should be trained annually.
Fire ProtectionSubpart L 29CFR 1910.155-157, Appendix A& E.
Fire Prevention & Fire Watch topics:
- Your companies Fire Prevention Program.
- Emergency action Plan & Contingency Plan
- Hot Work Permit requirements.
- NFPA30 & NFPA 704
- Prevent fires with engineer controls-Fire Detection Systems
- Protect yourself from fire and other hazards
- Inspections on fire extinguishers
- Protective clothing-FRC Fire Retardant clothing
- Hands on training-(Fire Extinguisher Type A, B, C.)
- Fire Watch Job Description & work procedures.
Who needs to be trained?
29 CFR1910.158(g)(1) states: Where the employer has provided portable fire extinguishers for employee use in the workplace, the employer also provide an educational program to familiarize employees with the general principles of fire extinguisher use and the hazards involved with the beginning stages of firefighting, anything beyond their control should be handled by the fire brigade, a Fireman.
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:15 (Minimum of 5 students required for this training)
Length: 4 Hours
Pre Requisites: N/A