RESPIRATORY FIT TEST
The Employer shall conduct fit testing using the following procedures. The requirements in the Appendix A to 29 CFR 1910.134 (f) apply to all OSHA accepted fit test methods QLFT and QNFT.
Cantu Safety offers the QLFT- Qualitative Fit Test- means a pass/Fail fit test to assess the adequacy of respirator fit that relies on the individual’s response to the test agent.
NOTE: QNFT fit test upon request only.
- Prepare Test Solutions
- Calibrate equipment
- Perform test properly
- The Bitrex (Denatonium benzoate) solution aerosol QLFT protocol.
- Recognize invalid test
- Ensure that test equipment is in proper working order
OSHA requires a fit test:
- Before the first use of the respirator on the job
- Whenever a different respirator face piece is used
- At least annually after the first test
- When the employee, the employees supervisor, a healthcare professional, or another observer notes physical changes that could affect respirator fit (e.g. Facial scarring, dental changes, cosmetic surgery, or an obvious change in body weight)
Reference: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 (f)
Target audience: Employees who are required to use respirators before the employee uses a respirator in the workplace. The training must be comprehensive, and understandable.
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1-10
Pre Requisite: Employee must pass Medical Evaluation.
The fit test must use the same respirator make, model, style, and size the employee will use on the job.
Length: 10-20 MIN PER STUDENT.