GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYSTEM & HAZARD COMMUNICATION
The purpose of this course is to allow companies to meet the OSHA requirement that approximately 40 million American employees potentially exposed to hazardous chemicals receive the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) update to Hazard Communication Standard. This course contains a refresher section on the basic requirements of hazard communication since
The goal of this program
- to train employees on the new label elements
- SAFETY DATA SHEETS
- Hazard Communications Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200(j)(1).
- Describe why the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) revised its Hazard Communication Standard (HCS).
- Identify the employer requirements under the revised Hazard Communication Standard.
- Identify how the revised Hazard Communication Standard affects the employee
- Identify the label elements required by the revised Hazard Communication Standard.
- Identify the standardized format for Safety Data Sheets required by the revised Hazard Communication Standard.
Target Audience: Employees that Work with any type of chemicals
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1-25
Length: 2-4 hours
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.