EXCAVATOR / TRACKHOE
There are many types of Excavator / Trackhoe Manufactures.Excavators are used in the Construction, Pipeline Oil and Gas...The Purpose of this course is to provide training for operators on the safety fundamentals of operating anExcavator regarding the rules, regulations and proper applications of safe work practice and operating principals involved in daily Excavator operations.
Designed for individuals who have a basic understanding of, or who are actively involved in operating aExcavator.
Training Program Content:
The correct application of OSHA standards, Manufactures operating manual procedures / recommendations, and identifies any site-specific rules or other requirements that may apply.
Excavator / Trackhoe-related Course Topics:
- The safe Operation on Crawler / Tracks- Excavator / Trackhoe by implementing the Manufactures Operators Manual.
- OSHA regulations on Excavation and Trenching29CFR 1926.650 through 1926.652.
- The correct performance of pre-useinspection checks and field maintenance procedures.
- The Safe Loading, and securing of a Excavator on an adequate trailer for transportation
- The different types of soils Stable Rock or A, B, C they will be working with multiple layers at times.
- Confined Spaces inside a Trench that is more than 4ft deep, is it a Permit or Non-Permit required Confined Space Entry.
- Operator Responsibilities-proper Slopes, Benching, Shoring and Shielding protective systems from Cave in’s!! #1 Killer in excavation Jobs.
The certification must include:
- To be certified the student needs to pass a written exam and a practical demonstration of operating skills on the Excavator / Trackhoe.
- Training records must be documented-Operator name, Employer name, Evaluation date, Training date, Name of Training Company &Instructors performing the training and evaluations.
Refresher training and evaluations recommended by OSHA and Manufacture
Refresher training, including an evaluation of the effectiveness of that training, shall be conducted to ensure that the operator has the knowledge and skills needed to operate theExcavator / Trackhoe. Refresher training in relevant topics shall be provided to the operator when:
- The operator has been observed to operate the Excavator in an unsafe manner.
- The operator has been involved in an accident or a near-miss incident.
- The operator has received an evaluation that reveals that the operator is not operating the Excavator / Trackhoe safely.
- A condition in the workplace changes in a manner that could affect safe operation of the Excavator.
Each operator's performance must be evaluated at least once a year by a Qualified Person. And attend a course every 3 years for full refresher training and cover any new changes on the OSHA standard.
Target Audience: This program is for any person who operates anExcavator / Loader. Students must be 18yrs of age with some experience working with or around anExcavator. Will receive a certification card following completion.
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:10 Length: 4-6 Hours
Pre Requisites: Employer written approval